Quotes By William Blake :

Friday, December 17, 2010

Prose Poem: Rain

Raindrops run down the window like the tears from my eyes. As I stare at the gray skies, I’m reminded of my state in life, cold and without sunshine. It’s dark and gloomy, and makes my loneliness grow worse. I feel trapped in my thoughts. All I can focus on are the raindrops, watching them roll off of the window and disappear. Just as life has it’s storms, there is always the rainbow that follows surely after.

As the marvelous colors fill the sky, and the rain starts to clear, I can’t help but feel a sense of hope. How can something so beautiful come from something so depressing, such as a storm? No matter how bad the storm may be, the rainbow still appears. Although the rainbow may appear shortly after the storm, what if one day it failed to show up? What then? Does that mean we are left in a constant state of storm? Or can we find peace despite the storm surrounding us, attempting to take us over?

Rain; it may not be so bad after all. The very thing that reminds us so much of pain, is a thing that brings about life. With the rain, flowers bloom, and as it hits the rooftop makes a soothing tune. The sound of the raindrops as they meet the pavement, bring a sort of calming effect. Thunder and lightning may hit, but we can’t let it scar us. Life will have it’s storms, but we must make the best of them. They may be hard to get through, but they help us grow, like the green grass after the rain and the rainbow that heals the pain. As I sit at my window sill, I stare at the storm, and for the first time in my life, I’m glad it came.

No comments:

Post a Comment